About the Firm
SGP provides high-quality patent prosecution services to large international technology companies, start-up companies, and universities. Located in Washington, DC, we are just minutes from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). With technical and USPTO examination backgrounds, and decades of patent prosecution experience, SGP is uniquely positioned to prepare, file, and prosecute patent applications in a wide range of technologies.
We handle all aspects of the patent application process, both foreign and domestic, including:
- Application Drafting – Domestic and PCT
- Patent Prosecution – USPTO and Coordinating Foreign Prosecution
- Post Grant Proceedings – Reissue, Re-examination
- Legal Opinions – Patentability, Freedom to Operate, Validity, Infringement
- Due Diligence and Portfolio Analysis
SGP knows technology. With technical backgrounds in electrical engineering, physics, mechanical engineering, and chemistry, we are capable of handling a wide range of technologies.
Below is just a sampling of the many technologies that our attorneys have handled:
- Analytical instrumentation
- Automotive and other transportation components, subassemblies and systems
- Communication networks, systems and devices
- Complex machinery and manufacturing systems and processes
- Environmental monitoring systems and components
- Fiber optics, optics and optical systems
- Heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems and controls
- Industrial chemistry and materials
- Medical and surgical devices
- Medical imaging, diagnostic, and treatment systems
- Microcontrollers, computer systems and software
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and microfluidic devices
- Plastic and paper-based packaging and shipping containers
- Renewable, alternative and conventional electricity generation and storage systems
- Semiconductor devices and manufacturing
- Sensor design and sensor systems
Semiconductors and Electronics
Medical imaging, diagnostic
and treatment systems
Automotive and other transportation components,
sub-assemblies and systems
Optics, optical systems
and fiber optics
Renewable, alternative and conventional electricity generation and storage systems
SGP is not just another patent firm. We are a closely knit team who actually enjoy working with our clients and with each other. We take great pride in our work product and in our clients’ success. Details matter, and we give the same attention to detail in every filing for every client.
Mitchell W. Shapiro
George W. Swenson, Jr.
1701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20006
We are always open to meeting talented, hard-working professionals that are interested in joining our dynamic team. Please send your resume and cover letter to info@SGPatents.com.
When not engaged in protecting inventions, SGPatent’s attorneys can be found protecting the welfare of rescued animals. We donate time to supporting animal welfare by volunteering at local shelters and fostering homeless animals. And a portion of SGPatent’s profits goes to supporting local animal welfare causes. We invite you to learn more about how we support animal welfare on our individual profile pages.
© 2020 SGPatents PLLC | Disclaimer